The attorneys at Allen Stovall Neuman & Ashton LLP have over 100 years of combined bankruptcy experience and regularly represent financial institutions and other creditor constituents in business bankruptcy filings and creditors’ rights proceedings such as foreclosures and other civil actions for the recovery of debt and collateral.
Our Bankruptcy, Debtor/Creditor Rights, Insolvency, and Workouts group has an active and varied commercial, bankruptcy and insolvency practice. We routinely represent corporations and individuals as debtors in business-related filings under Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Our dedicated legal team represents many businesses in out-of-court workouts and restructurings. Additionally, we counsel businesses with respect to non-bankruptcy alternatives to liquidation and the winding up of affairs such as state court receivership proceedings. We also represent receivers and other interested parties in similar proceedings.
Our group has been recognized in Chambers & Partners Chambers USA 2014 guide in Band 3 of Bankruptcy/Restructuring practices in Ohio. Several of our practitioners are listed, individually, as “Leaders in their Field” in the Chambers guide, as well as in Best Lawyers in America and Ohio Super Lawyers.
Examples of our representations include:
1. Debtor in Possession counsel in multiple chapter 11 cases, including the following types of businesses:
- multi-million dollar Central Ohio non-profit continuing care retirement facility;
- developer of instrumentation radar tracking systems used in the US, the UK, Europe, Asia, and Australia;
- furniture retailer with multiple locations in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia;
- multi-site, Central Ohio non-profit preschool organization;
- SPE owner of multi-million dollar Central Ohio commercial office building;
- franchised pizza restaurant operation with locations in Central Ohio and Indiana;
- former HUD-financed, multi-family residential apartment complex;
- multi-county provider of vocational services for developmentally disabled throughout Ohio;
- competitive local exchange telephone carrier with long distance digital switching facilities in Ohio;
- one of the leading producers of market de-inked recycled pulp in the United States, with facilities in Mississippi;
- public utility marketer of nature gas to residential and commercial customers in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio;
- large commercial and residential landscape construction and design company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio;
- agri-business ventures;
- medical practices and home health care providers;
- complex individual business ventures and investments.
2. Representation of multi-state retail camera chain in receivership proceedings filed in Columbus, Ohio in connection with dissolution and winding up of corporation’s affairs;
3. Special Counsel to Chapter 7 trustee in In re Oasis Corporation, Southern District of Ohio, prosecuting avoidance actions and Director and Officer claims;
4. Counsel for one of the country’s largest book, print, and digital content wholesaler and distributor in major retail bookstore bankruptcy filings including Crown Books, Borders, Joseph Beth Booksellers, and Musicland;
5. Representation of Small Business Administration (SBA) lending concerns with respect to bankruptcy stay relief, the foreclosure of real estate mortgages, and the recovery of loan obligations.
Contact us today for further information.